If you’re looking for assistance with Empty Rates Relief, we can help.
Business rates can be complicated and time consuming.
Our surveyors can quickly identify potential savings often going back over multiple years.
As a business, we only charge fees once the job is completed and the savings are back in your pocket.
Get in touch for a free review
020 3393 3314 Email email@example.com or fill in your details on the form below.Contact us
Why choose us?
Quoinstone are a firm of chartered surveyors with over 65 years’ experience across a team of dedicated professionals. We are fully Regulated by RICS.
We do things differently:
1. We don't upfront charge fees
We don’t charge fees unless we are successful, so we won’t waste your time if there are no potential savings for you.
2. We save our clients time
We save our clients time by providing a friction free process. With minimal information we can establish savings and act of your behalf.
3. We treat our clients with respect
You will receive timely reporting from informative, professional surveyors. We’re always accessible and available on the end of a phone to answer questions.
Empty Property Rates Relief
Any partially or fully vacant property, whether leased or not, will typically qualify for rates savings.
If you are a Landlord, there are two principle scenarios;
- If the property is fit for occupation, temporary rates mitigation solutions can usually generate between 50% – 100% rates relief.
- If the property is not fit for occupation (e.g. being refurbished or redeveloped), then more permanent mitigations solutions can offer 100% rates relief.
If you are a Tenant, similarly, there are two principle scenarios:
- If you are not in occupation of the property, temporary rates mitigation solutions can usually generate between 50% – 100% rates relief.
- If you are in partial occupation of the property, there is a short-term approach to prevent rates charges on the space that is unoccupied.
If you want an estimate of the amount of rates savings we can achieve on your empty property, our Rates Savings Calculator is quick and simple to use, requiring only three data inputs.
- Firstly, you should input the Rateable Value (RV) of the property. If you don’t know the RV, it can be found on the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) website by clicking here.
- Next you should select the property use; either Industrial (used for Industrial Processes) or Not Industrial (used for anything else such as shops, offices and restaurants).
- Lastly, you should select the property’s location, either England, Wales or City of London.
This Calculator is for guidance only and the results may change based on a more detailed analysis of the subject property.
Richard WrightManaging Director / Mobility Giant
As non-property people, QuoinStone's sector expertise and experience was invaluable in leading us through the acquisition of our first commercial warehouse lease. We will continue to work with them as our business grows.
Marijke Varrall-JonesDirector / Maak
QuoinStone advised on all aspects of our first commercial office and warehouse acquisition. It was abundantly clear their experience and longstanding property network was invaluable and we are already working with them on our next commercial property acquisition.
Paul GilbertDirector of Customer Accounts / London & Quadrant
I highly recommend Katy Ellis’ services. She has successfully recovered overpaid business rates in excess of £700,000. She is easy to deal with and provides a seamless service with regular updates and minimal administrative input from us.
Terry ChantHead of Service Estates – Facilities / SSAFA the Armed Forces charity
Katy Ellis’ business rates audit identified over £358,000 of refunds dating back to 2010. We are delighted by how swiftly this money was returned to us. She communicated regularly, was always professional and is highly experienced. We recommend her to anyone seeking a rates review.
Chris GreenEstate and Asset Manager / Taylor Wimpey UK Ltd
I cannot speak highly enough of the service Katy Ellis provided. She achieved significant rates savings for our business across an extensive and complex property portfolio. She is set apart by her upmost professionalism, her attention to detail, enthusiasm, trustworthiness, and willingness to go that extra mile to meet client’s requirements.